Pizza is near and dear to our heart, but so is Los Angeles, and the communities within. Most of you may know HYPEFEAST started straight out of Silver Lake/Echo Park so naturally we wanna be here to share local news. For those unfamiliar, Mohawk Bend is a local restaurant down Sunset Blvd. which serves a wide variety of dishes, cocktails, and some of our favorite brews. Every month, they feature a non-profit organization as a part of their Piece of the Pie program which serves up a custom pizza made just for them.
This month, they created “The EPIA pizza” from the local non-profit EPIA — A grassroots organization that acts as an advisory organization to the City of LA when dealing with crime, filming, trash, permits, development and more. Some of the programs the organization focuses on each year include:
• Sponsoring the free Echo Park Lake summer movie series
• Hosting the Echo Park Community Parade VIP reception in December
• Organizing cleanups in the neighborhood
• Hosting open town halls each month
• A Neighborhood Issues Committee which meets each month to discuss major projects in the Echo Park community, including the SR2 Terminus, housing developments, Echo Park Lake and Elysian Park issues – and more
Head into Mohawk Bend now and contribute to a good, delicious cause. Agendas and town hall announcements can all be found on the EPIA website, epia-echopark.org