Pan Roasted Pork Chop
on Potato, Kale, & Broccoli with Pan Gravy
Recipe type: Dinner
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 25 mins
An easy, quick meal for those chilly winter nights!
- 1 pork chop
- 6-8 baby potatoes (halved)
- 2 leaves of kale (chopped)
- 2 large pieces of broccoli (chopped)
- 3 sundried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 inch slice of red onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 pinch of minced habanero pepper (or anything to add a hint of heat)
- Pinch of thyme
- Pinch of sage
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 cup stock/broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- In a large pan (preferably heavy cast iron), add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan, and bring to medium-high heat. Once heated, add the pork chop on one side, and your halved baby potatoes on the other. Season everything with salt and pepper.
- Once pork chop has a good sear on the one side (after about 5-7 minutes), flip it and cook until done (a couple more minutes – or until it reaches and internal temperature of 150F).
- Remove pork chop from pan and let rest.
- While pork chop is resting, add the broccoli, along with the red onion, garlic, and habanero pepper and an extra drizzle of olive oil, roasting for about 5 minutes, until broccoli and potatoes start to brown.
- Once browned, add in your kale, a pinch of thyme, and pinch of sage. Mix to combine, then add about a ½ cup of stock. Cook until stock has absorbed.
- Remove potatoes and vegetables from pan.
- Add a tablespoon of butter, and tablespoon of flour, mixing together. Once flour has absorbed into the butter, and is bubbling, add about a ½ cup of stock, mixing until thickened. Add more stock if pan gravy becomes too thick, or cook longer if gravy is too thin.
- Serve pork with vegetables and pan gravy.